£30.00 - £55.00 per hour
15 days ago
Main Purpose of Role
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining new and existing Web applications, Window services, Web Services and working with SQL and Oracle databases.
You should be confident at highlighting issues, providing estimates and delivering progress reports to project managers and your team leader.
You will work with the team and follow the established quality process and coding standards.
You will be joining an established team responsible for delivering Web services to meet customer requirements and departmental standards.
You will also be responsible for providing technical help and product knowledge where needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
This section can cover any knowledge and experience needed to carry out the role and also any desirable skills and competencies that may be required for the post.
To be successful in this role you need to have an analytical mind, natural fault finding ability, pay close attention to detail, with deep experience in software development.
You should be comfortable working with a range of people from the business including solutions analysts, developers, testers, project managers and product owners.
An appreciation of the core Babcock business areas would also be an advantage.
* A methodical approach to problem solving and demonstrate close attention to detail.
* Good interpersonal skills, comfortable working in teams.
* Self-motivated, always keen to deliver effective results and see an issue through to resolution.
* Excellent communication and influencing skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
* Strong experience of .Net, C#, https://protect-eu.mimecast.com/s/grKeCQrqHXR6YYcP9_vk.
* Strong experience of https://protect-eu.mimecast.com/s/-5LvCRvrfGOrxxTPwWvQ Forms.
* Strong experience of MVC 5.
* Bootstrap 4, CSS.
* Developing SOAP and RESTful Web Services.
* Strong understanding and exposure to Object Oriented practices and principles with IOC experience.
* Relational databases - moderate/strong Microsoft SQL Server skills.
* Web service with experience of consuming SOAP, JSON, RESTful services.
* Experience in the use of ALM systems.
* Knowledge and experience of software development life cycle and approaches.
* Knowledge and experience of Agile (scrum/Kanban) methodologies and practices.
* Unit testing experience.
* Experience with TFS Azure DevOps 2019, Build and Release Pipelines.
* Knowledge of ERP systems
* SQL Server T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS.
* Experience Oracle PL/SQL
* Experience with continuous integration and deployment.
* Windows Server 2012 and 2016 experience.
* SQL Server 2016 AOAG.
* MS Access
APPLICANTS WILL NEED TO HOLD OR BE ELIGIBLE TO ACHIEVE SC CLEARANCE PRIOR TO COMMENCING THIS ROLE