£30000 - £33000 per annum
Vital Bristol Technology
9 months ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services and they are looking for a Senor MultiSkilled Engineer to be based in Reading
- To provide general electrical/ HVAC/ Building services maintenance support on all buildings and plant as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- To support the Building Facilities team in the day to day implementation of policies, procedures, standards necessary to maintain the integrity of ongoing operational activities and provide high quality service to customers in accordance with the Integrated Management System, Employee Handbook, M&I Business Plan and Company Safety Procedures/Instructions.
- The ability to work alone or as part of a team. The ability to take control and be responsible for visiting contractors, providing site induction and giving feedback to the area supervisor.
- To develop and maintain positive and harmonious relationship with the Facilities Team and all other Company Department, whist ensuring that standards are improved, and company procedures adhered to.
- To have a professional and motivating approach to the changing needs of our business, and to communicate this to Facilities Team in an effective manner.
- Demonstrate qualities to deliver the contract requirements through effective communication, training and personal development.
- Ensuring full competencies and training to undertake key tasks linked to service level agreements and key performance indicators.
- Ensure your line Manager maintains an up to date skills data base for you and organises the required courses as appropriate to fulfil contractual commitment and employee development.
- Provide regular updates on work load to Facilities Team, day to day contact with the customer taking notes as required.
- Identify to the Facilities Team operational improvements to ensure continued provision of high quality service.
- Through innovation and vision identify any business opportunity and pass information to Facilities Team.
- Assist in production of regular reports using IT reporting tools and analytical data.
- Assist in other ad hoc functions within skills level, training and experience on an as-instructed basis.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and feedback through relevant and current procedures.
- Manage the preparation and submission for approval all appropriate Safe Systems of Work and Risk Assessments workflow and cost through effective management techniques.
- To ensure that the highest H&S standard is applied in all day to day activities.
- Ensure you have appropriate PPE issued and it is worn in accordance with associated risk.
- Ensure all equipment, tools and PPE are adequately maintained.
- Ensure all testing equipment is carefully stored and calibrated
- Implementing all electrical maintenance and corrective works on the site in accordance with the instructions promulgated on PPM dockets and site specific procedures aligning to safety rules.
- Testing and inspecting electrical installations in accordance with National Inspection council documentation.
- Providing accurate feedback information including completing test sheets, routine inspection sheets and work dockets containing durations of maintenance activities and all observations.
- Ensuring that all plant and systems are maintained and operated in order to provide maximum efficiency, availability and reliability.
- Carrying out refurbishment works arising from breakdown or maintenance inspections.
- Responding to Helpdesk reactive maintenance/breakdown calls and carrying out remedial work as necessary, providing feedback information to customer and helpdesk as required.
- Developing and retaining knowledge of site system failures and their cause and effects.
- Person (Electrical) as authorised by the relevant EMCOR Authorising Electrical Engineer for the account.
- Carrying out condition based monitoring surveys.
- Carrying out minor new works installations and testing.
- Assisting in maintaining the cleanliness of plant and adjacent areas.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in the field of building service with appropriate qualification.
- Qualified or trained in all building service disciplines including HVAC would be an advantage.
- Experience in a corporate building service environment.
- Be commercially aware and have a reasonable knowledge of budget preparation, negotiation and management.
- Strong overall knowledge of Facility Management and Building Services Engineering.
Working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday between 08:00 to 17:00
Must be happy to work on an on call basis - £85 per week when on call, minimum of 4 hours - Frequency 1 in 6 - 8 weeks. (Will vary)
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.