12 Month Contract (Inside IR35)
Rate negotiable up to £90 per hour umbrella
Based at either Plymouth (Devonport), Bristol or Rosyth (Dunfermline) – mostly if not entirely working from home
The role is within our complex shipbuilding programme, developing designs through concept and early stage design as well as supporting the bidding process. The role is for a Senior Mission Systems Engineer.
A Senior Mission Systems Engineer is required to contribute to the development and realization of ship designs through the provision of broad technical understanding of Combat, Communications and Navigation Systems and onboard networks and their integration together and integration / installation into Naval Ships. They are required to have previous experience in being involved in integration of one or more of these areas (Combat / Communications / Navigation / Networks) into marine platforms.
The role requires demonstrable experience in owning and delivering responsibilities within the development of mission systems integration on marine platforms, an ability to work within a multi-discipline team, and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Engagement with customers to develop and agree an unambiguous statement of requirements
- Support the assessment of sensor and weapon suites for concept designs
- Objectively assess different design options
- Produce design documentation in support of a bid or project lifecycle
- Preparing and checking design documentation as required to time, cost and quality
- Contribute to Design Reviews
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The Senior Mission Systems Engineer is required to have a broad level of developed knowledge, the role is directly accountable for aspects of design development and contributes to the generation of solutions to problems and issues within their specialist subject area.
Provides help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working, and their development.
- Ideally degree qualified but HND/HNC level qualification in an engineering discipline with extensive experience in relevant field will be considered
- Be a member of a relevant institution, and hold Chartered status
- Either already UK Security cleared or able for achieve UK SC clearance