6 months ago
Morson International are currently working with a key client in the Nuclear Sector who has a requirement for four (4) Senior Mechanical Engineers. These contract positions with an initial six month duration will be based at our client's offices at Aztec West. Excellent hourly rates are on offer to a suitably qualified candidates.
Successful applicants will:
- Provide cost/timescale information and progress reporting.
- Provide design solutions for the nuclear industry and coordinate the production of:
- Design Schemes
- Design Proposal Drawings
- Detail Drawings
- General Assemblies
- Functional Specifications/ Functional Requirements Documents
- Technical Reports and Studies
- Design Justification Reports
- Identify or respond to task variations through formal change control.
- Take responsibility for delivery of multi-discipline work package to programme, budget and required quality.
- Able to manage several teams of Designers and Engineers and undertake checking of Mechanical deliverables.
- Have working knowledge and experience in applying relevant EH&S issues as required by legislation (and applicable Directives).
- Has presented at Designers Risk Assessments / Design Reviews and ideally at HAZOP studies.
- Has working knowledge of AutoCAD Inventor & Vault.
- Has a good knowledge of fabrication techniques.
- Has a good knowledge of achievable manufacturing accuracy,
- Ideally will have some 'hands on' experience.
- Good knowledge of Geometric tolerancing, weld symbols, limits and fits, surface finish.
- Good working knowledge of commonly used materials and standards.
- Ability to sanction and develop responses to sub-contractor manufacturing queries.
- Ideally experience of manufacturing high integrity systems, including interfacing with Safety Case requirements.
Criteria - Qualifications & Experience
- Preferably degree qualified (HNC minimum) with 8 years relevant technical experience
- Preferably will have 5 years nuclear experience
- Managing small teams
- Mechanical governance, legislation and procedures
- Experience of supporting manufacturing activities
- On site commissioning