6 months ago
Morson International are working with a key client in the Nuclear Sector who have a current requirement for a Senior Mechanical Engineer on a contract basis. This role will be located at our client's site operation in Newbury and a competitive hourly rate is on offer to a suitably qualified and experienced candidate. Usual hours per week: 37.
- Provide cost/timescale information and progress reporting to project lead.
- Provide design solutions for the nuclear industry through production of:
- Design Schemes
- Design Proposal Drawings
- Detail Drawings
- General Assemblies
- Functional Specifications/ Functional Requirements Documents
- Technical Reports and Studies
- Design Justification Reports
- Identify or respond to task variations through formal change control.
- Take responsibility for delivery of work packages to programme, budget and required quality.
- Able to manage several teams of Designers and Engineers and undertake checking of mechanical deliverables.
- Have working knowledge and experience in applying relevant EH&S issues as required by legislation (and applicable Directives).
- Has presented at Designers Risk Assessments / Design Reviews and ideally at HAZOP studies.
- Ideally will have a working knowledge of Inventor and AutoCAD.
- Has a good knowledge of fabrication techniques.
- Has a good knowledge of achievable manufacturing accuracy,
- Ideally will have some 'hands on' experience.
- Knowledge of Geometric tolerancing, weld symbols, limits and fits, surface finish.
- Working knowledge of commonly used materials and standards.
- Working knowledge of decommissioning projects.
- Has a knowledge of ventilation systems.
- Degree qualified or equivalent.
- Must have decommissioning experience and design experience of producing mechanical design deliverables for Mechanical Handling Equipment, Special Purpose Machinery, Lifting Equipment etc, ideally within a nuclear environment.
- Able to travel and work at customer's sites and locations.
Dut to the nature of this assignment, candidates must hold a current SC Security Clearance