£35.00 - £45.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
**SC Clearance ideally held
To manage and deliver HVAC design solutions / strategies in line with industry guidance / standards
To provide technical design solutions, oversight and engineering quality in the delivery of Nuclear sector projects.
The Job Holder will:
- Control and develop technical engineering strategies, plans and procedures.
- Design and evaluate the technical governance of projects.
- Establish and maintain Design Authority arrangements.
- Undertake project governance roles as required.
- Work within a team structure and deliver an effective technical strategy to manage fit for purpose engineering design and safety project delivery in line with defined employer requirements.
- Identify resource requirements to deliver engineering tasks.
- Identify, validate and approve engineering solutions for projects.
- Manage the preparation, approval and issue of technical specifications.
- Apply health, safety, environmental and waste management processes with engineering activities taking advice where necessary from appropriate specialists.
- Develop and execute an engineering and safety case delivery strategy, optimising plans to respond to changes when necessary.
- Support the project in the delivery of projects/programmes of work and sanction approvals.
- Validate the completion of activities to ensure compliance with procedures, legislation and quality standards.
- Liaise effectively with regulators and stakeholders on specific projects.
- Support investigations with regard to specific engineering discipline.
- Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post.
Essential & Desirable Skills
- Min 5 Years' experience in Nuclear Ventilation Design and Specification
- Experience of vent flow modelling software, PIPENET, HEVACOMP, IES
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent (Preferable but not essential)
- Formal qualifications in Ventilation theory & design or a related subject encompassing thermo and fluid dynamics.
Degree in Engineering or equivalent based on Engineering Council Standard for Incorporated Engineers