24 days ago
Senior Mechanical Engineer, Contract, Aztec West
- Provide cost/timescale information and progress reporting.
- Provide design solutions for the nuclear industry and coordinate the production of: Design Schemes ,Design Proposal Drawings ,Detail Drawings ,General Assemblies Functional Specifications/ Functional Requirements Documents ,Technical Reports and Studies Design Justification Reports
- Identify or respond to task variations through formal change control.
- Take responsibility for delivery of multi-discipline work package to programme, budget and required quality.
- Able to manage several teams of Designers and Engineers and undertake checking of Mechanical deliverables.
- Have working knowledge and experience in applying relevant EH&S issues as required by legislation (and applicable Directives).
- Has presented at Designers Risk Assessments / Design Reviews and ideally at HAZOP studies.
- Has working knowledge of AutoCAD Inventor & Vault.
- Has a good knowledge of fabrication techniques.
- Has a good knowledge of achievable manufacturing accuracy,
- Ideally will have some 'hands on' experience.
- Good knowledge of Geometric tolerancing, weld symbols, limits and fits, surface finish.
- Good working knowledge of commonly used materials and standards.
- Ability to sanction and develop responses to sub-contractor manufacturing queries.
- Ideally experience of manufacturing high integrity systems, including interfacing with Safety Case requirements
Brief Person Specification
- Preferably degree qualified (HNC Minimum) with 8 years relevant technical experience.
- Preferably, will have 5 years nuclear experience.
- Managing small teams
- Mechanical Governance, Legislation and Procedures
- Experience of supporting manufacturing activities
- On Site Commissioning