8 months ago
We are urgently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer on a contract basis.
Act as a point of contact within the Design Authority Conventional Island team for review of Conventional Island systems that have a nuclear safety role, reporting to the Lead Conventional Island Engineer.
This role will typically involve the following activities;
- Performing Design Authority Intelligent Customer review of technical documentation from Horizon's contractors and suppliers relating to Conventional Island systems.
- Developing a Claims, Arguments and Evidence Database for Conventional Island systems, and engaging with Topic Leads and Chapter Leads to agree on work required for the Site's Safety Case.
- Preparing presentations and reports to support engagement with various stakeholders.
- Attending meetings with stakeholders.
- Supporting Client's Conventional Island Team in interactions with the nuclear safety and environmental protection regulators.
- Provision of technical support to the development of WN PCSR Chapters relating to Conventional Island systems.
- Preparation for Design Review 2 on the Conventional Island systems.
Skills and Experience:-
- Design of Steam Turbines and Conventional Island (e.g. calculations and report writing / specification-setting / design changes).
- Experience in the Civil Nuclear Industry.
- Broad understanding of design issues for steam turbines, including rotor dynamics, stress analysis of last stage blades, stress corrosion cracking of rotors and blades, vibrations of rotors and blades, flow assisted corrosion.
- Broad understanding of nuclear safety functions and their applicability to the Conventional Island of Light Water Reactors.
- Broad understanding of design issues for condensers, heat exchangers, moisture separator Reheaters.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to build productive and collaborative relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrates effective planning, prioritisation and delivery.
- Operation and/or Commissioning of Steam Turbines.
- Experience in Boiling Water Reactors.
- Awareness of power station / industrial operational environment and relationship of design to operation.
- Knowledge and understanding across a broad range of BoP structures, systems and components design and safety issues including steam pipework and systems.
- It is envisaged that the contractor will have a minimum of 5 years' experience in the above fields, and be a Chartered Engineer or close to obtaining Chartered Status.