Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our nuclear sector client has a permanent opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work from their site in Dorchester, Dorset
The specific purpose of this role is to provide mechanical engineering support to the SGHWR Decommissioning Project. Main responsibilities include:
* To act as the main engineering lead for large decommissioning projects to deliver engineering work to meet project objectives and within project timescales and budgets.
* To support the development of technical strategies, approaches and methodologies to deliver Decommissioning Projects. This includes providing senior mechanical engineering support and advice, and managing technical interfaces between and within project areas.
* To act as the technical lead to manage and oversee specific areas of design, manufacture, procurement, installation, testing and commissioning of plant and equipment in support of SGHWR Decommissioning.
* To act as the Commissioning Lead to manage and coordinate all testing, setting to work, and commissioning works in support of SGHWR Decommissioning.
* To provide general mechanical engineering advice and support to other areas of the SGHWR Decommissioning Project and/or other Magnox projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering (NQF level 6) preferably membership of a relevant Engineering Institution and Chartered Status preferably a qualification in project management (APM or NVQ level 4).
* Significant experience in a practising Senior Mechanical Engineering role on nuclear and/or conventional industrial plant in a highly regulated environment including significant experience in engineering design.
* Detailed understanding and working knowledge of relevant Company and/or national engineering standards technical, health, safety and environmental legislation Nuclear Site Licence conditions, and quality management.
* People management experience and knowledge of contract management is preferred.
Salary & Benefits:
* Competitive salary with access to performance linked pay progression.
* 25 days annual leave.
* Participation in Company Bonus Scheme.
* Up to 13.5% employer pension contribution depending on individual contribution amount.
* Access to training and development through the company performance management arrangements, supporting you in maintaining your personal Continuous Professional Development
Please be aware this role holder requires Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance, or the ability to obtain said clearance