Up to £0.00 per annum
7 months ago
Our nuclear sector client has a permanent opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work on their site in Didcot, Oxon. The Role is required to lead and manage engineering and design tasks relevant to your discipline in support of major decommissioning projects including reactor decommissioning. The Role is required to plan and manage the delivery of engineering and design tasks and lead areas of design from concept through to commissioning. The Role is required to provide general and specific engineering support and advice for your discipline to assigned projects in accordance with standards and procedures required by the Nuclear Site Licence, other legislation and the Company.
Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in an appropriate engineering discipline
Member of an appropriate professional engineering institution.
Broad applied engineering background with relevant experience, preferably in nuclear decommissioning or an equivalent highly regulated industry.
Relevant experience of managing engineering and design work from concept through to commissioning to meet project time, cost and quality requirements, preferably in nuclear decommissioning and/or related engineering projects
* Maintain your knowledge of the relevant local and Company management systems.
* Actively monitor and reinforce safety behaviours.
* Set out controls to ensure the safe delivery of tasks and ensure compliance with the local and Company Management System.
* Maintain your own safe & secure workplace, identifying safety, environmental and information security risks and hazards then apply STAR and report unusual occurrences.
* Identify risk on all work fronts and assess hazards and injury likelihood accordingly. Document assessments and record actions.
* Set and communicate work standards both within the team and to contractors (if applicable) and stakeholders.
* Challenge the status quo and identify future opportunities through innovation within area of professionalism/ function/ business and process.
* Lead on the development and maintenance of your personal skill, knowledge, authorisation and training required for your role.
* Establish and maintain an appropriate and effective level of stakeholder engagement.
* Manage budgets within agreed limits and delegations. Reporting performance and potential overs or under spends and provide accurate expenditure forecasts.
* To fulfil the role of Intelligent Customer and CDM Principal Designer for small to medium sized projects and for your engineering discipline. To support the role of Intelligent Customer and CDM Principle Designer for your engineering discipline for larger projects.
* To hold project specific appointments as required, e.g. NEC Supervisor for DD&B contracts.
* To lead engineering design projects/tasks and manage associated technical interfaces from concept through to commissioning.
* To support engineering and design projects during design preparation, verification, and acceptance and subsequent procurement, manufacture, installation and commissioning.
* Prepare procurement specifications for detailed design and/or build contracts and support the management of such contracts.
* Ensure engineering and design work is compliant with Company management processes, current legislation and safety case requirements.
* Provide technical and engineering advice and manage and/or support specific projects and engineering tasks.
Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant.