£28000 - £34500 per annum
Rail Technical Team
about 1 year ago
Morson International is recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer based in Liverpool you will report into the Principal Officer, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering will assist in delivering an integrated mechanical engineering services maintenance function for existing and refurbished assets via a team within a matrix structure (utilising either internal labour force or external resources as appropriate). The post holder will ensure the functions are delivered on time, within budget and conforms to any Client objectives.
You will supervise a small team which will deliver an effective and efficient mechanical systems maintenance function for the client and the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority covering reactive and planned maintenance works, mechanical plant refurbishment, term contractor management and record keeping, document control, statutory and non-statutory bodies compliance, production of technical specifications and the development and implementation of capital projects.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience of delivering mechanical services in the built environment including shore based marine locations in a multi-disciplinary environment to ensure the safe, reliable operation and utilisation of the estate.
- Being commercially aware, must possess the ability to negotiate and deliver commercial contracts and manage external suppliers delivery and performance to meet financial, quality and programme management commitments.
- Evidence of previous experience of working in a multi-disciplinary work environment utilising (internal and external) matrix teams of staff, consultants and contractors to achieve outcomes
- Fully conversant with all DDA, Health and Safety and Environmental legislation and Codes of Practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of statutory testing and monitoring throughout the estate including marine, and the maintenance, installation and repairs of pressure systems.
- Awareness of road tunnel ventilation systems and their control
- Ability to take initiative to respond to emergency issues as they arise, determination to deliver and to work to deadlines.
- Organisation and communication skills to liaise with client departments, internal staff and contractors to carry out works.
- Computer literate with a high degree of ICT skills and the ability to configure modify and use a variety of PC based tools to maintain the equipment
- A valid Driving Licence