Bristol, S. W. England, England
6 months ago
Senior Mechanical Engineer , Contract, Bristol
Due to the nature of the position SC clearance is required.
- Produce O&M manuals and other technical documentation to comply with the regulatory requirements, e.g. CE marking and Technical File production.
- Author and review technical documentation, for complex, bespoke electro-mechanical systems within a highly regulated industry.
- Take ownership, and lead the delivery, of multi-disciplined technical documents to programme, budget and required quality writing, editing, proof-reading information, in text and diagrams.
- Actively seek and manage technical input required for the successful completion of the documentation.
- Collaborate with teams of designers, engineers, client and suppliers to clarify technical issues, so that appropriate information with the O&MM is presented in clear and accurate documentation for use by a specialist audience.
- Have working knowledge and experience in interpreting and addressing relevant EH&S issues as required by legislation and client standards.
- Has a good knowledge and ideally "hands on" experience of the operation, installation and commissioning of complex machines within regulated industries.
- Be able to understand and comply with the contracted scope of work.
- Identify or respond to task variations through formal change control.
- Provide cost/timescale information and progress reporting.
- Attend supplier and/or client meetings sites to discuss technical matters and technical matters as appropriate.
Brief Person Specification
- Preferably degree qualified (HNC Minimum) or equivalent.
- Must have significant experience of authoring and the production of operation and maintenance manuals and other detailed technical documentation for complex machinery and operating systems in a nuclear or other highly regulated industry. Such documentation is required to comply with CE marking and regulatory requirements
- Will have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word.
- Ideally will have a basic working knowledge of Inventor and AutoCAD, sufficient to open and interrogate models and drawings.