£0.00 - £34.99 per hour
16 days ago
Provide Mechanical Engineering services to Warship Support COMs, projects, bids and improvement initiatives as directed by the Mechanical Engineering Functional Lead.
This may include:
* Identifying equipment/system requirements
* Developing design solutions for mechanical systems
* Conducting supporting calculations for mechanical/marine system design activities
* Ensuring adequate integration with other engineering equipment/systems to ensure all aspects of the design are considered
* Identify safety hazards and support the assessment and mitigation of safety risk
* Writing system/equipment specifications, scopes of work and assessing supplier responses Supporting the verification of mechanical equipment and system performance
* Defining acceptance requirements
* Reviewing technical documentation
* Conducting technical investigations and root cause analysis
* Providing mechanical engineering support to operations, test and commissioning, ILS and other functions
* Project Management including cost and schedule adherence.
* Lead and support junior team members to deliver projects
* Conducting all activities in a professional manner delivering mechanical design solutions to agreed time, cost and quality to meet project milestones
* Drafting technical reports or other documents relevant to, or required by, a particular task in order to ensure that technical findings can be successfully communicated with recipients
* Maintain accurate records of all design related work in accordance with relevant extant procedures to ensure a complete design record of work undertaken
* Liaison with MOD establishments, test facilities, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers as required to satisfy the needs of the project
* Liaison with Supply Chain, Operations, Test & Commissioning, ILS and other internal functions as required.
* Adopt a professional approach to all mechanical/marine engineering design solutions to ensure knowledge and skills keep pace with the technology
* Articulate and present technical arguments clearly, logically and simply
* Be qualified to degree level, or equivalent, in mechanical engineering
* Possess an in-depth knowledge of the fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering
* Have experience in marine/mechanical engineering, preferably working on complex military platforms and systems
* Have a strong awareness of Product Safety and SHE within their day to day work
* A good understanding of what Systems Engineering is and the benefits it brings to complex engineering projects
* Ability to work with Classification Society and Naval Authority requirements
* Professionally Registered (CEng) through a relevant professional engineering institution such as the IET, IMechE, etc.