St. Albans, Hertfordshire
£35 - £45 per hour
5 months ago
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Contract)
My client is currently seeking a Contract Mechanical Engineer to be based in St Albans.
You will support major design and construction projects by performing mechanical engineering analysis and design, establishing project design requirements, agreeing design criteria and estimating assumptions, directing design consultants, supporting construction and commissioning efforts, interfacing with client's customers, consultants, and construction firms.
The ideal candidate will need to be either immediately available or 1 week notice.
Drafting, modelling & reporting:
* Provide support at all stages of the design process on related projects - In particular bring specialist insight into the concept design stage
* Be conversant with Revit/ 3D drawing production and be able to interrogate a model and help resolve coordination issues.
* Mechanical design of heating and cooling systems, ventilation and air conditioning, domestic water services and above-ground drainage, automatic controls, BMS as well as other related mechanical utility systems as assigned.
* Preparation of mechanical design calculations, drawings, specifications, and tender documents.
* Participate in the design progress and coordination meetings.
* Prepare outline scheme report / technical content of the design information.
* Prepare specifications, schedules, drawings and any other contract documents developed through the RIBA work stages.
* Experience of seeing conceptual designs through to completion and dealing directly with clients.
* The successful candidate will Chartered or be working towards Chartership, and have proven design experience, delivering to quality, time and budget. This role will suit someone with a mechanical engineering / building services degree, who is enthusiastic & self-motivated.
* Professional membership (MCIBSE or MIET) - desirable
* Relevant experience in design and delivery of projects within the consulting industry (preferable).
* Ideally you will have a track record in the design of mechanical systems on a variety of building projects, i.e. retail, mixed-use developments, hospitality, healthcare, offices and industrial etc.
* A good understanding and use of mechanical design software - Hevacomp/CYMAP
* Excellent skills in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
* A Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related subject
* Engineering accreditation (CEng or equivalent) would be advantageous