Katie Robson Hill
0117 933 4590
about 1 month ago
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide. Based in Winfrith Newburgh, Dorset, they work closely with the UK Royal Navy and global customers to create products which protect lives at sea.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for developing new and existing technology in-line with the wider business strategy and roadmaps.
Although principally qualified / experienced in mechanical engineering, he/she will be responsible for leading and delivering large engineering work packages involving engineers across a number of disciplines from within the business in order to develop systems from initial concept through to customer acceptance in accordance with the AEUK Engineering Process Lifecycle.
This includes designing and testing equipment to meet stringent technical specifications and in accordance with work package agreement budgets and timescales.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading technical concept development / costs for bidding activities / future strategy
- Developing innovative solutions at the cutting edge of the available technology
- Work package generation to deliver the programme of work
- Working with System Design Authorities and Engineering Managers to ensure technical focus in-line with business strategy
- Generating technical procurement specifications and working with suppliers
- Provide guidance to and management of the multi disciplined development teams to deliver work packages to time, cost and quality
- Monitor the progress against work packages and identify project risks
- Managing the system development in accordance with the AEUK Engineering Process Lifecycle
- Ensuring test and acceptance requirements are agreed
- Provide design specifications and supporting documentation at an appropriate level for the project
What we are looking for in you:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent and worked in a multi disciplined design environment
- In depth knowledge of Computer Aided Design(CAD) modelling techniques (Solid Edge preferred)
- Good knowledge of appropriate drawing and defence standards
- Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, reliability and efficiency
- Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs
- Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers
- An excellent appreciation for mechanical, electrical, electronic and software design principals
- Knowledge and understanding of system engineering principles
- Ability to interpret user and system requirements, generating system concepts, designs and test approaches
- Have a drive and ability for continuous product and personal improvement
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC security clearance