£30000 - £50000 per annum
26 days ago
temp to perm
1. Work within a multidisciplinary team to design and develop mechanical and electrical components and systems that meet agreed functional specifications whilst adhering to both internal & international standards.
2. To Support Principal and Chief Engineer in all project mechanical activities and to help to develop all members of the design engineering team.
3. Responsible for mechanical designs, calculations and mechanical related interfaces between customer and supplier by ensuring that the mechanical design basis is clearly defined and adhered to by all parties.
4. Responsible for interface with Supply Chain, Quality and Operation departments
5. To Support Chief Design Engineer for Concessions , Assessment of Safety critical parts in all project mechanical activities
6. To produce design specifications from either product improvement requests or new product applications.
7. To design, develop and verify products in line with the business needs and to ensure that they are innovative, technically advanced and of high quality.
8. To produce calculations and/or carry out FEA on designs prior to manufacture.
9. To consider the implications of meeting technical legislations when designing products.
10. To design and specify components / products to an agreed target cost.
11. To liaise with the relevant approval bodies to certify, or amend existing product certifications.
12. To assess and/or carry out design change requests in accordance with company quality assurance procedures.
13. To create and manage structured bills of materials in the company's MRP (SAP) system.
14. To maintain and update all existing design office records.
15. Assist with engineering clarifications from sub-contractors / suppliers.
16. Conduct 8D root cause analysis investigations and develop permanent corrective actions.
17. Creating 2D/3D designs using Autodesk Inventor.
18. Conducting "DFMEA" on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs
19. Conducting component and system "design reviews" to obtain buy-in from the business to selected components, designs and suppliers
20. Write documentation including product scope, technical reports, engineering
calculation, test reports, and issues etc.
21. Be accountable for release outcomes supporting production, QA suppliers with reviewing products and assessing overall product quality.
22. Monitor industry updates and stay up to date with standards for your industry.
Company Specific Tasks & Responsibilities
1. Performing in a way aimed at achieving the highest possible work efficiency
2. To comply with the Company Code of Conduct
3. To provide information, maintain records and carry out all duties in an accurate, efficient and timely manner
4. To undertake such other tasks that may be reasonably required
5. To adhere to all Company processes and procedures
6. To enhance the image and reputation of the company whilst supporting its commercial interests
7. EHS Compliance: it is essential to be aware of and adhere to all Health & Safety laws & guidelines relevant to your role and to the safety of your colleagues, visitors and external partner is compulsory.