High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
£300.00 - £327.00 per day + DOE
13 days ago
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be accountable for:
* Production of project drawing packs in line with configuration management processes
* Producing and reviewing Mechanical Designs and Drawings
* Maintaining the configuration of UECSSs production drawing packs
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for:
* Providing a technical lead role on selected projects.
* Providing support for stress and thermal analysis activities
* Employing continuous improvement principles to improve efficiency
* Supporting the Project SDA as required
* Liaising with customers and suppliers as required
* Collaboration with the other Engineering functions to ensure smooth engineering transition within projects
Complete the tasks required as identified in the Responsibilities defined above and as defined by the Functional lead - Mechanical Engineering and Project Engineering Leaders
This role does not entail any direct supervision responsibilities. However on occasions this role may include technical leadership responsibilities within a team environment.
Tools, S/W Packages and Equipment Used:
* Autodesk Inventor
* Autodesk AutoCAD
* Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, & Outlook)
* Microsoft Outlook
* +8 years experience using 3D CAD modelling tool(s) including 2D technical drawings.
* Finite Element Analysis Tools