High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
£0.00 - £300.00 per day
about 1 year ago
Ultra Electronics Command & Sonar Systems (UECSS) provides a variety of electronic products for military applications including naval combat management systems, sonar systems, gun fire control systems, electro-optic systems, cameras, data distribution systems and weapon interfacing electronics. In addition UECSS has moved into a Prime Contract Management role providing whole platform solutions.
The engineering department provides Systems, Software, Mechanical, Electrical and Through Life Engineering services to the CCS business, in support of project delivery and Sales and Marketing.
The Mechanical Engineering department takes responsibilities for designing and maintaining all mechanical aspects of UECSSs products. This includes management and configuration of the production drawing pack.
The Purpose of the Role:
To support the Functional lead - Mechanical Engineering by providing mechanical engineering design expertise to deliver detailed mechanical design solutions and Drawing Office activities (for new products or enhancements to existing products) to the agreed technical requirements, timescales and budget.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be accountable for:
* Production of project drawing packs in line with configuration management processes
* Producing and reviewing Mechanical Designs and Drawings
* Maintaining the configuration of UECSSs production drawing packs
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for:
* Providing a technical lead role on selected projects.
* Providing support for stress and thermal analysis activities
* Employing continuous improvement principles to improve efficiency
* Supporting the Project SDA as required
*Liaising with customers and suppliers as required
* Collaboration with the other Engineering functions to ensure smooth engineering transition within projects
Complete the tasks required as identified in the Responsibilities defined above and as defined by the Functional lead - Mechanical Engineering and Project Engineering Leaders
This role does not entail any direct supervision responsibilities. However on occasions this role may include technical leadership responsibilities within a team environment.
Tools, S/W Packages and Equipment Used:
Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, & Outlook)
+8 years experience using 3D CAD modelling tool(s) including 2D technical drawings.
Finite Element Analysis Tools
There may be a requirement for occasional travel within the UK and abroad to Customer and sub-contract sites.