Up to £21.77 per hour
14 days ago
Morson International are looking to recruit a Senior Material Controller for 12 months, on behalf of our defence client based in Barrow-In-Furness.
Producing material reports to Operations/Projects to allow execution of unit build.
Expediting material both internal and external, working in a cross functional environment.
- Promote and comply with Company SHE, security, mandatory training and business requirements.
- Represent the Supply Chain Function at meetings with regard to designated areas. Provide update on material status and issues (internal and external supply) whilst taking appropriate actions and expediting to satisfy project schedule demands, key milestones and objectives.
- Production of KPI's and reports to satisfy business requirements, stating material readiness for specific materials within the appropriate window, in accordance with the System of Work.
- Ensuring that material issues are resolved in a timely manner, kept up to date or escalating where appropriate.
- Participate in the assessment of departmental policies and procedures on a periodic basis to identify improvements and confirm that they are appropriate for business needs.
- Prepare and collate data, to support departmental reports.
- Promote 'Right First Time', contribute to LfE process and liaise with CI team throughout the material readiness/delivery phase.
- Provide training of team members with regard to use of appropriate business systems, tools and techniques to ensure compliance with function processes and procedures.
- Principal contact for designated area, providing clear understanding of material status.
- Expediting priorities to ensure deadlines are met.
- Display and promote professional behaviours in all areas of performance and duties.
Excellent people skills along with communication, and IT planning.
Must have knowledge of SAP and all Microsoft packages.
Please be aware that various shifts and 7 day working patterns may apply.