Up to £40.00 per annum
7 months ago
MORSON are currently working in partnership with BAE Systems and have a requirement for a Senior Mass Engineer to join them at their base close to Preston. Initial contract is 12 months at £40 per hour Umbrella. Full details below:
This role exist to provide mass prediction and control engineering input, analysis and support to military fast jet airframe design and development programmes. The role is critical to enabling the release of design definitions and/or supporting the manufacture and/or the operation of military fast jet airframe structures.
The Key Responsibilities include:
- Plan, estimate and control mass prediction and control engineering tasks for activities within span of control, performing tasks to cost and on time to meet customer requirements and business needs.
- Ensure the technical content of the work, including deliverables, is acceptable to the customer and utilises the most efficient engineering methods available.
- Ensure all work is compatible with the departmental quality policy and that departmental procedures are followed. Agree with line manager and deploy structures engineering methods, processes and data for activities within span of control
- Ensure effective interactions with customers, suppliers and others, to promote the best interests of the team, department and company.
- Provide efficiency and effectiveness suggestions for the development of structures engineering toolsets and processes within the Structures discipline
- Excellent - Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint,Outlook skills and NASTRAN/PATRAN.
- Good - Microsoft Project, CATIA V5, Hypersizer and Matlab/simulink.
- Personal Skills - Communication, Team Working, Motivation skills essential. Classical structural analysis methods desirable
- Degree in Engineering subject or equivalent.