Up to £23.27 per hour
15 days ago
Purpose of role:
Joining a recently formed embedded Systems Engineering and Integration team within the overall Global Combat Ship Marine Systems team. The purpose of the Systems Engineering/Integration team is to provide embedded capability alongside the Marine Systems design engineers to ensure the successful integration and de-risking of Power & Propulsion, HVAC, Auxiliary, Electrical Distribution and Platform Management Systems.
Management of the requirements and design baselines within Marine Systems is an area of critical importance for the overall integration challenge. The purpose of this role is therefore to engage with the wider Marine Systems community to ensure that:
- Engineering configuration management plans and policies are appropriately implemented,
- Design baselines are maintained for all of the Marine Systems,
- Appropriate development and implementation of CM tools, processes and practices as articulated in the relevant Engineering Configuration Management Plans and as advised by the Central Engineering team,
- Configured Items are documented and captured within appropriate toolsets,
- Operate the Change Process in accordance with the Change PI and Change Management Plan on behalf of the Marine Systems - Systems Engineering and Integration Manager,
- Assist the Marine Systems teams in collecting and processing data in a timely manner,
- Liaising with change teams across the design and supply chain communities.
- Strong expertise and experience in Configuration Management theory, discipline and execution.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Able to write readable technical documentation 'right first time'.
- Ability to exploit capabilities available within the business.
- Understanding of data/information relationships and apply pragmatically
- Good understanding of the data generated for use by the project and the tools and techniques used to create it.
- Understanding of the IT systems and applications used to design, build and support, particularly the SDE and Windchill.
- Strong experience in change management and configuration management processes,
- Strong experience in CM toolsets and CM practice,
Configuration Management accreditation - advantageous
Tasks and Activities:
- Support the effective implementation of Configuration Management plans and policies within Marine Systems,
- Develop Systems Baseline Control Documents and ensure they capture all Configured Items for Marine Systems,
- Prepare Change Requests and lead their progression through the relevant CM processes,
- Manage the collection of cost impact data and format it ready for sentencing.
- Engage with key stakeholders across Marine Systems and ensure that the Change Management process / plans are understood and being followed,
- Produce status reports and configured baselines as required,
- Undertake appropriate Data / Documentation Management as required.
- Configuration Management & Change Management Guidance - for incorporation within Marine Systems Management Plan
- System Baseline Control Documents
- Change Requests
- Current State Analysis for Impact Assessment commitments
- Current State Analysis for Change Approval status
- Current State Analysis for Change Embodiment planning
- Current State Analysis for Change Embodiment completion
- Live action management / control
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK and either possess or be able to obtain UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.