£40.00 - £42.50 per hour
3 months ago
We are currently recruiting for an engineer to drive robust solutions to manufacturing problems and to support production managers on rolling stock related technical issues.
- Responsible for the delivery of engineering solutions within Trains Division.
- Manage the resolution of all technical queries in respect to production, project delivery and material procurement.
- Manage a team of engineers providing technical support to Trains Division production areas
- Manage the production of all necessary documentation in order to support delivery. In particular Work Instructions and Bills of Materials.
- Produce estimates in line with customer specifications and requirements.
- Develop Bills of Materials in line with customer specifications, drawings and LUL standards.
- Generate and maintain SAP Master Data.
- Consult with internal/external technical experts as necessary.
- Act as single point of contact for customers on technical issues.
- Drive efficiency in line with the Maintenance Optimisation Team
The Skills, knowledge and experience expected of the Senior Manufacturing Engineer will be as follows:
- Computer literate, able to effectively use spreadsheets and project planning software such as as Microsoft Project and/or Primavera.
- A HNC (or equivalent) in an engineering subject is essential. Ideally served a recognised apprenticeship in either a mechanical or electrical engineering discipline.
- A broad based knowledge of general engineering principles.
- A good knowledge of LUL rolling stock and equipment.
- A good knowledge of CAD systems and engineering design principles and drawing standards as applied to LU design.
- A proven record of having managed an engineering team.
- Demonstrated experience of implementing solutions to complex technical engineering issues across various engineering disciplines.
In order to apply for the Senior Manufacturing Engineer please submit your CV and contact details via this advert.