£32.00 - £42.00 per hour
3 months ago
We are currently recruiting for an engineer to drive robust solutions to manufacturing problems and to support production managers on rolling stock related technical issues.
- Responsible for the delivery of engineering solutions within Trains Division.
- Manage the resolution of all technical queries in respect to production, project delivery and material procurement.
- Manage a team of engineers providing technical support to Trains Division production areas
- Manage the production of all necessary documentation in order to support delivery. In particular Work Instructions and Bills of Materials.
- Produce estimates in line with customer specifications and requirements.
- Develop Bills of Materials in line with customer specifications, drawings and LUL standards.
- Generate and maintain SAP Master Data.
- Consult with internal/external technical experts as necessary.
- Act as single point of contact for customers on technical issues.
- Drive efficiency in line with the Maintenance Optimisation Team
The Skills, knowledge and experience expected of the Senior Manufacturing Engineer will be as follows:
- Computer literate, able to effectively use spreadsheets and project planning software such as as Microsoft Project and/or Primavera.
- A HNC (or equivalent) in an engineering subject is essential. Ideally served a recognised apprenticeship in either a mechanical or electrical engineering discipline.
- A broad based knowledge of general engineering principles.
- A good knowledge of LUL rolling stock and equipment.
- A good knowledge of CAD systems and engineering design principles and drawing standards as applied to LU design.
- A proven record of having managed an engineering team.
- Demonstrated experience of implementing solutions to complex technical engineering issues across various engineering disciplines.
***This role is working in the public sector and therefore must be set up on a PAYE or Umbrella basis. No limited companies are permitted. ***
In order to apply for the Senior Manufacturing Engineer please submit your CV and contact details via this advert.