Greater Manchester, England
£350.00 - £400.00 per day
13 days ago
Morson are proud to own the interim recruitment on behalf of Manchester Airports Group (MAG)
We are currently recruiting for an interim day rate contractor to come in as a Senior Management Accountant for a period of 6 months, the role is based at Manchester Airport and has regular travel to Blackpool
The Senior Management Accountant is responsible for leading the SkyParkSecure finance function. SPS is a price comparison website, recently acquired by MAG, selling car park spaces at airports across the UK.
The Senior Management Accountant will ensure that accurate, and technically robust, management accounts are produced in a timely manner and in line with group finance service levels, as well as support internal and external stakeholders in the meeting of agreed SLA's.
The role will require travel to Blackpool during the transition and ongoing support to the management teams (c. 2 to 3 days per week for the 6 months period of this contract)
Other duties include;
* Lead the small finance team, including staff management, 121s and personal development plans
* Manage the month end close process, ensuring the ledgers are all closed in line with Group Finance deadlines
* Ensure processing of all invoices, payments and receipts are done in a timely manner and within Group Finance guidelines
* Provide business support to SPS management team / Airport Services FBP by providing all information required for Management Reporting, Forecasting & Budgeting
* Processes to be fully documented and periodically reviewed to ensure processes are up to date and are being adhered to
* Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed accurately and in a timely manner, including review and sign off
* Building and the maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Lead the team to achieve the agreed group finance charter
* Work towards, and feed into, a continual improvement mind set within the Distribution Finance team and the wider Group Finance team
* Development of the finance team
* Managing internal and external relationships
* Development of necessary policies and procedures to ensure the sound financial management and control of the company's business
* 3 to 5 years PQE with an extensive knowledge of the full month end close and reporting process
* Demonstrates strong leadership skills
* A minimum of 3 years line manager experience
* Ability to actively engage stakeholders and colleagues to ensure processes are executed consistently and complied with
* Significant and relevant experience of working within a General Ledger function, at a similar level
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and to thrive under tight deadlines and high-pressure situations
* Essential experience of SAGE and SAP or similar ERP systems, intermediate to advanced Excel skills
* Experience of managing through a changing environment is preferred (end to end change management)
Morson International is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is committed to equal opportunities.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service's 'Disability Confident Scheme'. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.