about 1 month ago
Senior Low Observables RCS Engineer
Location: International | Duration: Initial 2 Year fixed-term Contract | Pay Rate: Negotiable
A vacancy exists within a multinational defence, security, and aerospace company for a Senior Low Observable RCS Engineer to apply developed expertise in the design and optimisation of a Military Aircraft's stealth characteristics.
The role holder will be engaged in the planning and execution of air vehicle concept RCS trade studies and the provision of LO (RF) specialist input into the definition of vehicle configuration options. This includes:
- Specification, monitoring, and analysis of RCS tests as required to support and advise specialist input.
- Definition, execution, and monitoring of theoretical and analytical RCS computations to support and advise specialist input.
- Expert understanding of electromagnetics principles, especially those relating to Low Observability.
- Knowledge of IT including the use and operation of high-powered computing, with background and understanding of CAD systems and general airframe engineering.
- Expert knowledge of RCS control and reduction technologies and techniques, including existing RCS data sources: analytical, theoretical, and experimental methods and techniques.
- Ability to identify and recommend the appropriate technical solution balance of such methods to suit programme purposes.
- Ability to review, assess and define high-level radar signature requirements and to decompose high-level requirements to major system and sub-system level.
- Ability to contribute creatively to the development of RCS control solutions and aircraft configuration designs with integrated systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other technical specialists - working as part of a multi-disciplinary project team and communicating within an international collaborative domain with respect to the security boundaries.
Additional Security Information
Due to the sensitive nature of the product, all applicants must have worked in the defence industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining a UK MOD or NATO Security Clearance (SC level minimum).