Walsall, West Midlands
2 months ago
Job Title: Senior Logistics Planner
Salary: Competitive Package
Currently working with a global player within their market, having operations across the UK, Europe, America and Asia, who due to continued growth, are looking to recruit a Senior Logistics Planner on a permanent basis. The business have established themselves as leading organisation with hazardous goods/liquid distribution market and continue to grow through acquisition.
The role create the transport plan for local or long distance transportation to meet customer requirements. Ensure plan is optimised to deliver best possible use of transport resources with regards to service, productivity and cost whilst adhering to all compliance requirements.
- Responsible for the day to day planning requirements of the business by effectively challenging the way in which the business plans in order to highlight and suggest areas for improvement whenever they arise.
- Allocation of resources to meet both tanker compatibility and driver training requirements
- Liaising with internal transport operations and external customers to match demand with flexible resources
- Continually review the daily plan to identify potential issues and pro-actively amend the resource allocation accordingly
- Working accurately and effectively with data from multiple systems including vendor managed inventory (VMI) telematics, customer demand forecast
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with customers and employees of all levels is essential, as are a 'can do attitude and problem solving skills.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Degree qualified or qualified by experience. 3+ years in supply chain
- CPC Holder (International)
- Able to communicate effectively and present reasoned and logical narrative at all levels of the business
- Strong analytical capabilities and great attention to detail - i.d. opportunities and implement common sense solutions
- Must be able to work to strict deadlines, priorities activities and make decisions whilst under pressure, whilst maintaining profitability and customer services
- Systems improvements and development - experience of TMS/MS/ISO Tank Software
- Liaise with central function to improve current process systems and structure - skills in supply chain excellence, lean and 6 sigma useful
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details.