Up to £500 per day + Ltd company
about 2 months ago
Senior Logistics Leader required to develop the future strategy for Logistics / Materials Management across BAE Systems Air Sector, which ensures operational efficiency and material availability are optimised in conjunction with delivering a cost benefit realisation.
The role involves but is not limited to the following:
- Develop a medium to long-term strategy that delivers a best-in-class logistics operation / solution
- Evaluate existing supply chain operations, both internal and external
- Undertake deep dive into end-to-end value stream identifying further opportunities for improvement to material availability
- Present findings, ideas and improvement plans to senior leaders
- Monitor progress of ongoing improvement projects, tracking benefits realisation
- Leverage the experience and expertise both internally and with our key logistics partners to accelerate the pace of change
- Support pan-BAE Systems Logistics Working Group
- Predominately focused on BAE Systems Air Sector, but with collaboration with other parts of BAE Systems via Indirect Procurement Services (IPS)
- A detailed strategy paper / document, containing:
- An outline of opportunities identified
- A potential prioritisation matrix
- Business Case for strategy detailing potential size, complexity, and estimated resource required to deliver
- Proposed route to implementation, including anticipated project plan
Initially it is anticipated that most of the work will be carried out from home but there may be some site visits and it may move full time to Samlesbury as and when safe to do so.
Due to the volume of CVs received if you have not had a response within 48 hours please take it that your application will not be progressed but please feel free to visit our website to view other roles- www.morson.com.