€330.00 - €400.00 per day
8 months ago
Morson International working with a global consultancy who are looking for a Senior Java Engineer to join their team in Ispra. This is initially a 1 year contract with the chance of extending for a number of times. Rate depending on experience.
Description (No Remote Work)
- Design, development and maintenance of a European software for peer-to-peer information exchange between public institutions
- Review and improvement of the interoperability specifications (for technical interoperability)
- Prototype (design, develop and test) new software components that could fulfil the new requirements identified
- Design, development and maintenance of the organisation conformity test tool within the IT infrastructur
- Experimentation of innovative development technologies within the organisations test bed
- Masters degree & 10 - 13 years of professional experience after studies
- 10+ years of experience in development role
- 5+ years of recent experience as Java software developer with excellent software design and clean code principles
- Solid experience in designing and developing service-oriented architectures using microservices
- Solid experience in designing and implementing APIs (e.g., RESTful Architectures, SOAP Services, gRPC, API Gateways)
- Experience in designing and documenting IT systems and data models using UML diagrams
- Good knowledge of message queuing systems (e.g. RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Kafka)
- Excellent knowledge of development methodologies, in particular, lifecycle management, system integration, bug tracking, version control (including the software supporting these methodologies, e.g., git, Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Knowledge of information security concepts, including PKI infrastructures (e.g. signature, encryption, openSSL, certificates, etc.)
- Solid experience of Java build tools (Maven, Gradle, etc.)
- Solid experience in CI/CD tools and technologies
- Solid experience in Test-Driven Development and agile practices
- Solid experience with GNU/Linux operative systems or other UNIX environments
- Good knowledge of one or more of the following data definition languages: XML/XSD, JSON.
- It would be advantageous for the candidate to have:
- Experience with one or more of the following virtualisation, containerization and automation technologies: Ansible, VMWare, KVM, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and we will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Paul from Morson for more information.