Up to £0.00 per annum
22 days ago
Summary of Role
Raytheon UK has an opportunity for an experienced Senior IT Project Manager to join the Information Technology function, taking full responsibility for the successful end to end management of key transformation IT projects.
The Senior IT Project Manager will have the overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, monitoring, controlling, reporting and closure of Raytheon UK IT projects.
- Manages all aspects of multiple highly complex projects concurrently from initiation through closure.·
- Develops and implements comprehensive project plans, encompassing project team structure and resource assignment, implementation, testing and training plans, creating of a control plan identifying both business process metrics and IT platform quality requirements and ensuring successful transition to support.
- Owns all project risk; including time, budget, and scope, and the associated plans to contain and/or mitigate risk.·
- Ensures project quality, schedule and budget objectives are met and deployed solutions deliver targeted business value.· Monitors and controls resources, revenue and capital costs against the project budget.
- Prior experience in Project Management within defence or highly regulated technical industry, ideally within global environments and/or global matrix organisations.·
- Demonstrable senior project management skills including project initiation, scoping,resourcing, scheduling, budgeting, risk management and communication.·
- Capable of leading complex technology projects; e.g., multiple stakeholders, teams of greater than 5 people, of greater than 6 months duration, and greater than £0.5m inbudget.·
- Proven experience of full lifecycle management of IT Programmes and Projects from inception to delivery, especially solution identification, design, pricing, risk management and early project definition before transition into service operation.·
- Experience of the critical project to service transition phase and associated early lifecycle support.·
- Proven experience of Program and Project Management Best Practice.·
- Ability to understand complex systems and business processes and define requirements for solutions.·
- Experience of operating effectively under the governance of a PMO structure.·
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, presentation and influencing, at all levels within an organisation.·
- Solid experience of delivering complex technical projects across the IT domain.·
- High level of proficiency in MS Project, Team Foundation, or other robust scheduling/schedule presentation tools.·
- Proficient in the use of all MS Office tools.·
- 5 years+ experience in project management.·
- PRINCE 2 and/or PMP certifications.·
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Science, or Mathematics·
- SC cleared or the ability to become SC cleared.
- Ideally experienced with process quality methodology and ITIL.·
- Business experience of technology consulting, managed and professional services in commercial or public sector organisations.·
- Master's degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Engineering, Science, or Mathematics
THIS ROLE CAN BE BASED IN HARLOW OR GLENTHROES