3 months ago
Our client a leading Renewable Energy Company are currently recruiting for a Senior Insurance Claims Administrator on a contract basis based in Glasgow City Centre.
The Senior Insurance Claims Administrator is responsible for managing Public Liability and Personal Injury claims in an efficient, fair & economical manner in line with company policies, and to the highest insurance industry standards. The successful applicant will provide an exceptional claims service, including the resolution of complaints, processing of payments, and offering support & assistance to both internal and external customers, while constantly striving to improve the quality of customer service we provide.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Complete the initial assessment of Public Liability and Personal Injury claims received, projecting the value based on previous experience of claims of a similar nature, utilising recognised and approved reference materials i.e JSB guidelines for assessment of general damages in personal injury cases.
- Manage our customers and 3rd party expectations throughout the life cycle of the claim by communicating efficiently via telephone, and written communication.
- Provide accurate advice and guidance on legal responsibilities and requirements, relating to claims processing. This includes responsibilities regarding property damage and replacement criteria, e.g. specification, age and value to enable the Business to take reasonable and timely decisions on liability.
- Manage cases efficiently and effectively, making sure that all work is progressed efficiently to meet Departmental targets and Service Level Agreements and that all relevant information is recorded within the RIMIS (SAP) Database
- Take ownership and responsibility for customer experience ensuring that you take the lead role when investigating, negotiating and settling (or repudiating) Public Liability or Personal Injury claims.
- Understand when escalation is necessary and recommend where appropriate to appoint subject matter experts i.e Loss Adjustors, Forensic experts, Solicitors etc to help determine liability and value loss / claim, while ensuring adherence to internal and external policies, procedures and governance.
- Compile accurate and timely management reports, statistical returns and other information on request, and have the ability analyse and act on the data in terms of recommending improvements or solutions
- Negotiate settlement on the best possible terms, and raise appropriate payments for customers when settlement is made.
- Manage customer / supplier / business conflicts where necessary, ensuring compliance to contractual, legislative and / or financial requirements. Negotiate where appropriate with a view to resolving in the best possible terms for all parties, as appropriate.
- Be a specialist in your area and an escalation point for others by actively sharing knowledge with your peers to develop oneself and others and to act as a role model in appropriate situations
- Show awareness and understanding of the organisation's strategic direction, aims and objectives.
- Understand the wider insurance issues and have the ability to keep up to date with changes relating policy and processes as well as changes industry wide.
- Assesses business risk / costs and takes appropriate actions / decisions to resolve potential issues.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years' experience working as a Claims Handler working on Public Liability & Personal Injury Claims, using claim evaluation tools and techniques
- CII qualified or working towards a recognised Insurance qualification would be desirable
- Extensive working knowledge of the legal aspects relating to Insurance Claims i.e. Pre-action protocols in England and Wales, CPR, Practice directions and relevant statute and case law.
- Expert knowledge on PL and PI Claim regulations, compliance and legislation (both Scottish & England & Wales law)
- Working knowledge of Financial disciplines and associated policies and procedures
- Ability to review and resolve complex cases and proactively finalise claims within agreed limits
- Excellent analytical skills, with attention to detail
- An inquisitive nature that will enable you to ask appropriate questions and reach accurate decisions
- Ability to manage Customer / Supplier expectations and to "challenge" in a confident and professional manner.
- Strong customer focus and ability to work to deadlines and agreed SLA's
- A good understanding of VAT and requirements of HM Revenue & Customs
- Ability to think outside of the box to devise solutions to problems / challenges involving internal and external customer
- Be self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible with a drive to improve and succeed