5 months ago
A. POSITION DESCRIPTION: Senior Infrastructure Engineer
2. Key responsibilities:
The SIE will need to leverage their practical knowledge to lead the design through to implementation of Microsoft, RHEL technologies and virtualisation techniques to build, integrate and deliver against system architecture. These tasks will be a project based work breakdown structure, for either individual standalone projects or elements within a bigger programme. The role is varied and demanding and will require the individual to be proactive in taking the lead for key areas.
The successful candidate must be proactive, diligent with a strong technical ability, and they must have skills in both presentation and customer relations both at a technical and non-technical level. The role includes primarily design effort with hands-on implementation tasks in support of the other network engineering staff.
The current projects will require an awareness of operating infrastructure services in a secured environment and an understanding of enabling security lockdown and controls to allow system accreditation.
As the Senior Infrastructure SME the candidate will be directly responsible for:
* Leading Infrastructure and virtualisation design and implementation on projects
* Execution of Work packages for the project or programme
* Leading design and deployment of Microsoft//RHEL and Virtualisation Technologies
* Fault finding and problem solving
* Supporting other enabling technologies (e.g. System Centre, Exchange, SQL Srv)
* Delivering the appropriate level of documentation required for the project
3. Key relationships:
THE SIE will need to build and maintain good relationships with the following roles:
* Secure Systems Design Authorities
* Project manager
* Implementation Engineers
* Third party COTS product suppliers
4. Decision making authority:
* This may vary by activity but at a minimum they will be expected to make product and design selection, configuration and implementation decisions on a day to day basis.
5. Problem solving responsibility:
The SIE will need to provide innovation and proactive implementation and issue resolution during both the design and delivery phases of the assign tasks.
Have knowledge of System and application troubleshooting techniques
B. PERSON SPECIFICATIONS:
1. Formal Education and training:
* Have completed a recognised Engineering Apprentice with HNC-D or Engineering Qualification to Degree level
* ITIL v3 Foundation
* Technical Certifications, Microsoft MCSE 2012
Demonstrable Skills/Qualifications in a number of the following areas:
o Production of project design documentation
o Detailed knowledge on Installation, configure and troubleshoot RedHat Linux Server 5.7 → 7.5
o Microsoft Windows Security (GAP, Security Compliance Manager, Windows Firewall)
o MCSE 2012 design level
Microsoft Windows Server
Workstation operating systems
Distributed Active Directory Management
o Microsoft Exchange 2013
o MS SCOM 2012 R2
o MS SCCM 2012 R2
o SQL Server 2008 & 2012
o MS Sharepoint
o MS IIS, WSUS, WDS, MDT & DFS
o VMWare design level experience
o Group Policy
o Symantec Netbackup/Backup Exec
o Antivirus Software (McAfee ePO)
o High-level knowledge of networks (VLAN etc)
* Exposure of working with a 24/7 high availability & highly secure systems Skillful in identifying design risks.
* Proven experience of designing multi-vendor complex secure communications and information exchange network interfaces to government grade.
* Proven experience of development of prototype secure solution within a multi-disciplined team whilst providing operational (day-to-day) support.
* Proven experience of working with product vendors to optimize a solution from a technical axis.
* Working knowledge of JSP's , Cabinet Office Technical Design Documents, CESG GPG's, NATO STANAGs
* Proven experience working within at least 1of the following customers environments UK MOD, NATO and Central Government
* Application of security hardening/lockdown of systems
* Experienced Red Hat Administrator
* Knowledge of PKI and implementing certificate based network solutions.