Up to £0.00 per annum
6 months ago
Senior Infrastructure Architect
Morson are recruiting for a Senior Infrastructure Architect to join our client in London, England.
- Development and industry best practices
- Given a set of business requirements create an Infrastructure design which meets the requirements and is in line with Technology Development Infrastructure roadmap. Specific business non functional requirements will include performance, security, reliability and availability of service
- Ensure that infrastructure solutions proposed by third parties suppliers meet our business and technical requirements and our strategy and vision for the future initiatives;
- Analyse the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies in the infrastructure and recommend solutions for improvement
- Ensure that Technology Development processes are not hindered by infrastructure issues
- Ensure that project impacts on the infrastructure are identified, assessed, assured, and documented
- Develop and define future roadmaps for the infrastructure according to industry trends and best practice
- Ensure that the capacity planning process for the key systems is manage efficiently. Approval of the capacity plans and, potentially, infrastructure purchases based on future capacity requirements
- Perform infrastructure audits on third party contractors. These will include asset management, disaster recovery and servicing of the infrastructure.
What we are looking for from you:
- Detailed knowledge of Windows and/or Unix infrastructure and respective operating systems.
- Detailed knowledge of network designs including security or detailed knowledge of SAN infrastructure and SAN Fabric
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft SQL database and/or Oracle database technologies
- Detailed knowledge of public cloud technologies and trends
- Broad knowledge and understanding of planning and project management tools and techniques
- Degree or equivalent qualification such as TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework).
- Office 365 and Modern Desktop
- Strong infrastructure architecture skills in architecting technology components across software, infrastructure and networks.
- Ability to take a loose set of requirements and build a high level architecture using common standards. Refining the architecture as more information is discovered, decisions identified and choices are made.
- Proven ability to analyse complex components, identify decision points, draw conclusions and produce architecture roadmaps.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people within the delivery team including project managers, business analysts, developers, and testers.
- Have a detailed understanding and experience in profiling applications, migration techniques of such has rehost, replatform and refactor.
- Has experience of designing business applications. Has an understanding of the non functional requirements such as reliability, scalability, performance and resilience.
- Proven experience in leading datacentre or cloud migrations projects
- Experience of communicating a technical issue to team members.
If you are interested and have relevant qualifications and experience, apply now and I will be in touch with you shortly.
Alternatively, contact Connah O'Keeffe at Morson International for more information about this position.