6 months ago
Our client, a leading Renewable Energy company are looking for a Senior Engineer - Instrumentation, Control & Automation based in Glasgow. This is a long term contract role.
Particularly looking for experience of Control & Automation of Renewable Energy Projects and integration of Hybrid Sites
To support the Lead C&I Engineer -with project delivery, design specification and technical governance relating to the Control & Instrumentation design of large-scale Onshore Wind, Solar PV and Energy Storage projects incorporating new technologies.
Reporting to the Lead C&I Engineer, the Senior C&I Engineer is responsible for leading C&I engineering activities on assigned projects and assisting the Lead C&I Engineer with management of the team of C&I engineers to support delivery of the portfolio of new projects through the project delivery life cycle of concept, feasibility, consent, construction & commissioning across the Onshore business portfolio for projects such as:
* Wind farms (new build, repower, life extension, etc.)
* Other technologies (solar, battery storage, hybrid schemes, etc.)
You will assist the Lead C&I Engineer with resource management ensuring the effective deployment of C&I Engineering to support delivery of the pipeline of projects is optimised.
The role will focus primarily on the specification and design of SCADA, PLC systems, communications, control and instrumentation and other control systems associated with renewable energy projects. Additionally, the role will provide generation and review of design proposals the management and supervision of consultants and subcontractors the user requirements definition of balance of plant control systems, infrastructure and their interfaces.
The individual will be working as part of the Onshore Projects & Construction Team. The position may require periods where the individual is site based during the construction phase of projects within the UK.
* Provide technical support and advice to development and construction projects
* Manage and undertake general project engineering duties within Projects & Construction Engineering Team in support of the business
* Assist with recommendations, technical advice to commercial teams on the requirements for the onshore supply chain
* Assist with the delivery of C&I engineering, strategies, standards and specifications within SPR.
* Assist the Lead C&I Engineer with the Management and development of C&I team
* Chartered C&I Engineer (Preferable)
* Degree qualification in Electrical or Electronic Engineering with C&I Bias
* Proven experience in supporting development, construction and operation phases of power generation projects
* Experience of Renewables / Power Generation industry
* Good working knowledge of industry standards, design and installation codes of practice and regulations
* Excellent working knowledge of industrial communication standards, protocols, SCADA, control and protection systems