about 1 month ago
Senior Human Factors Engineer, Permanent, Nuclear New Build
Our client is looking for a Senior Human Factors Engineer to support the Lead Human Factors Engineer in ensuring that Human Factors aspects are adequately addressed within the design of the UK ABWR. The Post holder will deliver advice on Human Factors, support the development of our client's guidance and standard documents for Human Factors, is able to represent the Deputy Topic Lead for Human Factors, and support the clients Human Factors Community of Practice.
- The post holder will also support the Lead Human Factors Engineer in providing technical input, control and oversight of the design (including modifications and concessions) and perform review and acceptance of systems within the Human Factors scope of the UK ABWR.
- Support the Lead Human Factors Engineer as a core member of the Design Authority Team, in the delivery of business plan related targets and undertake specific roles within the Management System when so required.
- Activities will include:-
- Support the creation of the approach to Human Factors defining policies, procedures and processes that are fit for a rapidly changing growing nuclear development business. Also, demonstrate and deliver our commitment to a safe design that incorporates consideration of Human Factors through the entire lifecycle.
- Deliver advice in all technical areas associated with Human Factors.
- Support integration of Human Factors across the business. Support the Lead Human Factors Engineer in review activities for high significance design changes (i.e. Category 1 or 2 Design Changes) providing a recommendation to the Decision Panel as to whether to accept or reject the change.
- Engage with members of the DA on low significance design changes (i.e. Category 3 or 4) reporting any categorisation or process-related discrepancies to the Decision Panel.
- Support the Lead Human Factors Engineer in the review of concessions providing a recommendation to the appropriate DA Head of Section as to whether to grant or reject the concession.
- Provide Human Factors support in defining safety requirements and the preparation of the site specific nuclear safety case in accordance with agreed project programmes.
- Provide Human Factors support in defining environmental requirements and the preparation of the site-specific BAT case in accordance with agreed project programmes. Provide support in defining security requirements and the preparation of the Nuclear Site Security Plan in accordance with agreed project programmes.
- Support the Lead Human Factors Engineer in the Human Factors Community of Practice, delivering solutions to Human Factors issues faced by the programmes and ensuring they align with our aspiration for operational excellence.
- Provide Human Factors support and mentoring to GDA SMEs working in the technical areas.
- Provide oversight and supervision of significant Human Factors analysis work undertaken by or for the business.
- Has a degree or equivalent qualification in Human Factors, ergonomics or related discipline.
- Experienced in Stakeholder management, including that of interfacing with Regulators on Human Factors issues.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding across a broad range of Human Factors subjects including task analysis, user interface design, human reliability analysis and human based safety claims
- Experienced in People management / team leadership ability to build and develop organisational capability within the function and team. Inspiring and ensuring a high performing team.
- Flexibility and mobility to undertake business travel as required.