North West England, England
10 days ago
Job Title: Senior HSE Advisor
Company: Leading Utilities Operator
Location: North West
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience + Strong benefits
To provide professional health, safety and environment advice and support across the organisation and assist the Health, Safety and Environment Manager in developing, implementing and assuring the health, safety, environment and energy management system.
Key responsibilities for the Head of Health, Safety, Environment & Quality will include:
- Develop as required, policies, procedures and communication briefs that provide information and guidance to the business on health safety and environmental issues;
- Proactively identify health, safety, environmental and energy risks and performance improvement opportunities; proposing solutions and supporting implementation
- Ensure incident investigations are co-ordinated and effective in line with corporate and legislative requirements;
- To provide regular technical information and training throughout the organisation to raise awareness and maintain legal compliance;
- continuous development, implementing and assuring the company health safety and environment management system;
- Produce management information and reports, completing analysis of issues and making suitable recommendations for resolution considering short- and long-term impacts;
- Provide transformational leadership and coaching on health safety and environment at all levels of the organisation;
- Represent the organisation at national steering groups to support improvements to policy and procedures;
- Provide regular communication throughout the organisation to promote a positive health, safety and environment culture.
The successful individual will have:
- Working Knowledge of Health, Safety & Environmental legislation
- Relevant experience in a similar role or other roles involving hazardous environments i.e. Lifting Operations, Confined Space Working, Working at Height, energy/power, Excavating, Use of Heavy Plant and Machinery.
- Provide regular communication throughout the organisation to promote a positive health, safety and environment culture
- A NEBOSH Certificate or NEBOSH Construction Certificate and willing to work towards NEBOSH Diploma;
- Chartered member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health or working towards
- University Degree in occupational health and safety or equivalent
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long-term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please send your CV for more details. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 14 days of your application you have not been successful on this occasion.