Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, E. of England, England
£15.00 - £20.00 per hour
4 days ago
Experienced HR Advisor required for an immediate start - The role is initially for 2-3 months with the view that it will then become permanent for the right candidate.
Mott MacDonald are looking for a Human Resources Advisor to provide HR Advice and support to the Water and Environment Business Unit. You will be an integral part of the business with a scope which covers all facets of the human resources function from HR strategy to usual day to day advisory level tasks.
One of our client groups within our Water & Environment division are looking to recruit a Senior Human Resources Advisor to provide HR advice and support. You will be an integral part of the business with a scope which covers all facets of the human resources function from HR strategy to the usual day to day advisory level tasks.
- Work closely with the business (Divisional General Manager, Resource Leads and Principal Account Leaders) to understand the business context and progress initiatives to enhance employee satisfaction / engagement.
- Drive EDI action plan.
- Maintain, adopt and circulate good knowledge of the UK's employment legislation and run workshops for managers on key areas e.g. performance management, sickness, wellbeing etc.
- Guide and support managers dealing with short and long-term absence. Oversee vocational health referrals and ensure reasonable adjustments are made, as appropriate.
- Coach managers through investigation, disciplinary, capability, conduct, performance management and grievance processes. Facilitate meetings to ensure consistency and fairness.
- Advise and support managers through change management processes including reorganisation, restructure, redundancy, redeployment and consultation.
- Advise and support managers and employees on 'family friendly' issues (flexible working requests, maternity, paternity, parental leave, time off work for dependants) and special leave in line with Company policy and legislation.
- Provide advice and guidance on secondments, transfers and relocations; ensuring a consistent and pragmatic approach liaising with relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure a streamlined process.
- Manage the interim and the annual salary review process.
- Assume responsibility for the management of all ER cases providing advice and guidance to managers and employees on relevant policies, procedures, legislation and risk.
- Coach and support managers with the development and implementation of talent management and succession planning strategies.
- Assist managers with the development and retention of staff through the Company's performance development review process.
To be successful in this role we would like to hear from candidates with the following;
- Resilient nature and confidence to provide challenge to, and accept challenge from, senior staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to quickly build effective, collaborative relationships with HR and other colleagues across the business.
- Able to quickly learn, absorb and retain information and understand the business environment.
- Sound knowledge and practical application of current UK employment law, procedures and processes. Chartered MCIPD or Graduate CIPD (or equivalent) with post qualification generalist experience in the private sector, preferably in a consulting environment
- Previous experience in a similar HR role is essential.
- Flexible approach to work and able to travel to other offices/sites.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team as required
The successful candidate will be immediately available for interview and appointment