25 days ago
Title: Senior Global Category Buyer - Food
Salary: Competitive salary (DOE)
We're currently supporting a Global Food Services and Catering business, recruit a Senior Global Category Buyer to sit within their developing procurement function and become part of our Global Supply Management Food team who are responsible for negotiating, governing and reviewing over 160 global contracts. This will be a challenging role, with ambitious cost savings and efficiencies to be met whilst meeting social and corporate responsibilities as part of our ethical sourcing model.
Food buying experience is essential for this role and you'll have previously worked within either a in Food Service, Retail or Food Manufacturing environment. As a skilled negotiator you'll be required to adapt your approach to accommodate different cultures and be highly influential to ensure engagement from Senior Segment lead and regional procurement teams.
You'll be based in our Stevenage office with some flexibility for home working and travelling abroad when required. As a key member of the Global Supply Management Food team you will help develop and deliver the procurement strategy but also be capable of managing your own category independently.
With the recent appointment of our new Global Chief Procurement Officer this is the time to join our Supply Management team which is transforming and gaining significant notability within the business. You'll be stretched and challenged in this role to ensure you perform at the highest levels but with this comes substantial opportunity to develop and further your career.
- Design and implement category strategies which significantly improve the commercial performance at a Group and Regional level whilst maintaining compliance to company standards and mitigating risk
- Co-build strategies with Food Platform (subject matter experts), wider business Segments and Regional Buyers
- Engage Regions to actively collaborate in the deployment of category plans
- Develop a deep understanding of the differences and/or commonalities in the Regional supply markets and business needs of the business Segments.
- Engage regions in an active collaboration and development of categories globally
- Build a strong network within the Supply Management and Food Platform teams
- Be able to take into account the differences in business requirements across Regions
- Ensure procurement solutions consider total cost of ownership (TCO) in all procurement activity to maximise greatest value
- Lead cross functional sourcing teams in key projects and tenders
- Build and facilitate a strong Buyers network within your categories
- Ownership and delivery of category saving targets as defined within Supply Management budget
- Proven international experience in Buying / Category Management
- Strong knowledge of Foodservice categories
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Team player who can communicate and influence across all business levels
- Strong financial acumen and results orientated with a proven track record in global contract negotiation
- Graduate calibre at 2:1 or above
Where we can be flexible
- Experience and knowledge in Foodservice
- Currently or working towards CIPS/ISM or equivalent qualification
For further information please contact Jack Dawkins on / 01617-.071-.516