Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Up to £0.00 per annum
7 months ago
Senior Geotechnical Engineer + Hemel Hempstead + 6 months
My client is looking for a geotechnical engineer with UK experience to supplement the award-winning Geotechnical Division in Hemel Hempstead. The Division supports regional sites and tender teams by providing a range of construction and contaminated land related advice. The successful candidate will be working with the Geotechnical Division. We are specifically interested in hearing from candidates with around 6 - 10 years' experience in a similar role, working either for a contractor or consultancy.
* Provision of technical advice to regional sites relating geotechnical aspects including materials management.
* Assist with analysis and interpretation of site data for use in design.
* Producing specifications for ground investigation, piling and earthworks etc.
* Preparation of calculations, written reports and development of drawings.
* Visits to site as required.
* Production of engineering design solutions both at tender stage and during construction for temporary works, roads, foundation and retaining wall design and earthworks.
* Site support in a geotechnical capacity.
* BSc or BEng degree level qualified in Geology, Geotechnics, Civil Engineering or a related subject essential
* MSc in Engineering Geology/Geotechnical Engineering or related subjects preferable but not essential
* Chartership with a universally acknowledged institution such as the ICE
* Able to demonstrate knowledge/experience in the field of geotechnics/engineering geology, including a working knowledge of Eurocode 7
* Knowledge of Quaternary Deposits and Chalk desirable
* Experience of working with geotechnical databases and other geotechnical software preferable e.g. WALLAP or HoleBase
* Experience of preparing and assisting with interpretative reports for geotechnical purposes
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Prepared to work as part of a team or as an individual
* Full UK driving licence.