SENIOR FPGA ENGINEER – CONTRACT 6 MONTHS – NEWPORT South Wales
4 day week on site in Newport
The Senior FPGA Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified product and customer requirements through;
- Analysing requirements, specifying and documenting the FPGA solution and work breakdown.
- Preparing FPGA architectural and detailed designs and documentation
- FPGA design generation and implementation
- FPGA design verification
- Integration of FPGAs onto the target platform
- Providing FPGA technical support
- Controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists)
- Supporting the company FPGA development process and procedure updates
- All FPGAs are designed, developed, integrated and tested in accordance with Clients Defence and Space standards all supporting documents are produced in accordance with Clients Defence and Space standards.
- Appropriate processes and methodologies are used to design and deliver allocated FPGA development work packages meeting cost, time and quality targets, agreed with their development team leader.
- Technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents, and acquired technical expertise. The cost/benefits of design possibilities are understood, and that judgement calls can be made based on the
- The provision of technical guidance to fellow team members in at least one major tool or technique used by Client
- Success of both internal and external design reviews and project reviews throughout the development life cycle.
- The support of the design and development of critical components where decisions may have a significant impact on project timescales.
- Customer liaison, by representing Clients Defence and Space on project related technical matters at Stakeholder meetings.
- Design and Development by taking a technical role as a Prime on a critical component where necessary.
- Technical interface to Customers
- Effective collaboration with other engineering disciplines to agree specifications and to carry out integration and test
- Analytical – To identify and isolate errors in the FPGA or integrated target platform, their likely causes and solutions.
Essential Skills / Proven Ability
- Proven ability in FPGA design & implementation for communications equipment or equivalent.
- Have excellent FPGA development process knowledge.
- A seasoned engineer, fully versed in design methodologies for their field able to work on their own but providing regular reporting.
- Must have recent design experience of devices from the following suppliers: Altera
- Must be proficient in the use of VHDL
- Must be proficient in the use of at least one simulation tool
- Must be proficient in the use of at least one FPGA synthesis tool
- Must have a good understanding of requirements capture, and of work package definition and estimation
- Altera Quartus II
- Mentor ModelSim
- MicroSemi Libero IDE
- Microsemi Libero SoC
- Xilinx Vivado