8 months ago
Senior Engineer - Flow Assurance Engineer
Type: Contract, 12 month with option to go Permanent
Purpose of Job:
Reporting to the Flow Assurance Skills Group Manager, the position will be to provide Flow Assurance analysis and technical support to the various projects undertaken. The engineer will be part of the flow assurance team based in London and the wider global flow assurance community.
The engineer should be able to operate independently in performing flow assurance studies and writing up results/reports, requiring some, but not intensive, input and support from the team leader. Experience with OLGA is a necessity for this role.
The work performed will be varied and activities include front end conceptual studies, detailed design and operational support activities. The role will be to perform the flow assurance analysis to identify optimal solutions based on client drivers and be able to efficiently communicate these solutions through calculations, technical reports and presentations.
The engineer will be required to work as part of a team and assist with marketing and business development activities.
The Flow Assurance group operates as part of the wider Process Engineering Skills Group therefore, wider process engineering skills would be an advantage.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
* Ensures completion of safe and operable design in accordance and project requirements, relevant laws, regulations and codes.
* Communicates regularly with Study Manager to ensure objectives are being met in a timely manner.
* Liaises with other disciplines for applicable engineering interfaces.
* Develops engineering solutions to specific project requirements.
* Performs simulation of selected cases as defined.
* Under takes calculations in accordance with company and project quality requirements.
* Participates in flow assurance business development activities to support London and other offices.
* Participates in engineering co-ordination meetings.
* Participates in Project presentations to communicate results.
* Participates in safety and design review meetings, where necessary.
* Participates in global flow assurance team knowledge sharing initiatives.
* Supports team leader and performs all reasonable job tasks required by supervisor.
* Flow Assurance Team Leader, Process Skills Group Manager, Study Managers, Process/Project Disciplines, Project / Study Managers.
* External Authorities, Contractors, Clients, Suppliers.
Qualifications & Experience:
The job holder must have:
* Recognised flow assurance engineer with 5 plus years' upstream oil and gas experience.
* Minimum of 3 years dedicated Flow Assurance experience using OLGA.
* Minimum - first Degree in Chemical Engineering (or related subject) and CEng &/or PEng or equivalent international qualifications.
* Experience in flow assurance conceptual and front end studies.
* Experience in flow assurance in detailed design and/or operational support preferred.
* Experience in general process engineering activities an advantage.
* Experience in marketing and business development beneficial.
The job holder must have proven:
* Good computer literacy with particular competence in MS office software.
* Experience with OLGA, PipeSIM / PipePhase, MultiFlash, PVTSim,
* Experience with Leda Flow, Maximus, PIPENET, Flow Master, CFD and/or FEA would be preferable.
* Solid understanding of thermodynamics and experience of Multiflash preferred.
* Full command of English language, verbally and written.
* Good report writing skills.
* Good communication and excellent social skills.
* Stress resistance and flexibility.
* Creative and flexible nature.
* Leadership characteristics, enthusiastic and ability to be a team builder.
* Ability to work in an organised manner, individually and as part of a team.
* Technical knowledge in related disciplines to judge and deal with problems.
* Analytical and judgmental skills to find and implement proactive solutions.
* Ability to explain flow assurance concepts in a straightforward manner.
Please forward your CV