£55.00 - £70.00 per hour
6 months ago
Senior Firmware Engineer required. Seasoned in VHDL based design to take overall responsibility for the technical solution on one or more of the power conversion projects for the More Electric Aircraft. This role is the focal point for the complete engineering solution on a new flagship programme, overseeing the technical integration of contributions from all other engineering disciplines. The ability to work on projects from initial concept stage, developing the concepts through to final production is a key requirement. Alongside this, the ability to successfully interface with 3rd parties (for example: suppliers, industry experts, Universities, Customers) to understand how to realise a final product is also a major requirement for the role.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- VHDL based FPGA design and verification techniques.
- Interpretation of customer specs and end use environments.
- Deriving detailed FPGA/firmware requirements for complex systems.
- Designed to meet and follow processes such as RTCA D0-254 or similar.
- Practical knowledge of FPGA technology from Xlinix, Altera and/or Actel.
- Ability to de-bug and test new firmware designs and supporting module and system related test, verification and integration.
- Design circuits in analogue, power and digital.
- Fully understand circuit operation, debug, diagnose and implement fixes
- Ability to develop concepts efficiently from limited or vague customer requirements and communicate potential solutions.
- Proven analytical skills in circuit simulation and thermal analysis
- Work with Customers to develop the technical requirements and then manage these requirements through the product development
- Technical leadership of multi-disciplined engineering teams on major programmes
- Understands the principles of 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- Mentor Graphics tool suit; DxDesigner, Constraints Editor, HyperLynx tools such as Signal Integrity & Power Analyser, SystemVision simulation or equivalents would be advantageous
- LTspice or PSpice simulation.
- System modelling using MATLAB.
- Switch Mode Power Supply design skills.
- DOORS for requirements capture and management.
- Aerospace / Defence domain history.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A SNR FIRMWARE ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)