City of London, London
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
11 months ago
A terrific privately owned, not for profit organisation operating in the energy sector and based in Blackfriars, London, require a Senior Finance Analyst to be the accounting lead for settlement operations, for a period of 12 months on a fixed term contract basis.
With lovely offices and good transport links, this is a great opportunity to join a company in a strong growth phase and due to embark on a large recruitment drive so more permanent opportunities could occur as a result of strong performance. You will be qualified or equivalent with business partnering and staff management experience.
* Be the main point of contact for finance related settlement issues and queries
* Prepare month-end journals from the reports of the outsourced service provider to reflect the settlements activity
* Provide monthly reporting on key activities and performance of operations.
* Monitor costs of the outsource provider monthly, including forecasts and budgets This includes cost for operations and the development of the settlement system
* Approve settlement related payments and notices
* Be familiar with and understand the policy/regulations surrounding the CfD and CM operations of LCCC - this will include being aware of forthcoming changes and provide input to the related changes required for the settlement sources
* Work with the Planning and Reporting Manager to forecast cash flows
* Perform various financial reconciliation activity
Skills/Experience Required for the Role:
* A recognised accounting qualification or finalist.
* Accounting experience including: month end journals, reconciliations and month-end reports.
* Ideally experience of managing and running AR/AP outsourced operations or an AR/AP in-house function
* Billing operations experience would be advantageous
* Experience of operating in a regulated environment would be advantageous Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills