Manchester, Greater Manchester
£52000.00 - £54000.00 per annum + Bonus + additional benefits
5 months ago
Morson Group, Accountancy and Finance Division. We are assisting our client with their recruitment to of an Senior Finance Analyst.
Working within the Group Finance Function, support the Head of Business Planning to manage and business partner key stakeholders to ensure the efficient completion of the clients Business Plan and production of high quality financial analysis and reporting in order to support business decision making.
- Support the Head of Business Planning in the production of an intergrated 5 years Business Plan across P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow.
- Lead the production of high quality analysis that provides valuable insight and decision makingdecision-making support to the Executive teams and key stakeholders
- Lead and further develop the annual 5 year 5-year business planning cycles, including management and timing of plan submissions and assess ways in which new or additional analysis can provide valuable insight for key stakeholders.
- Take responsibility for the quality and timeliness of business plan submissions and timelines, with proactive engagement with group finance and other finance colleagues, as required.
- Support the Head of Business Planning in the production of Business Plan outputs including Board Materials, management information, funding analysis and ad-hoc requirements, and ensure consistency with model data.
- Add value to the Business by providing insight and challenge to Divisions, including detailed assessments of cross-divisional performance and external benchmarking.
- Own, run and constantly improve the group business planning financial model (including financing) to include scenario analysis and stress testing of business cases, and be responsible for the consistency and accuracy of outputs.
- Be proactive in assessing ways in which new or additional analysis can be developed to provide insight to the business.
- Seek to develop a deep understanding of the business, with proactive engagement with key stakeholders, in order toto add value to projects, reporting and analysis where possible and develop successful partnering relationships.
- Lead a process and culture of continuous improvement, with specific focus on automating and standardising reporting outputs, and ongoing development of modelling and analytical capability.
- Influence Business Units to develop new methods and best practice to financial modelling and develop appropriate usage of Excel across the Group, providing more robust output and increased process efficiency.
- Utilise best practice in the integration of SAP forecasting functionality within the model and system, helping to streamline forecasting processes across the Group.
- Work with the Head of Business Planning & Projects on business cases and strategy development as required.
the jobholder will come into contact with or have dealings with.
- Head of Business Planning & Projects
- Group Finance Director
- Group Financial Controller
- Head of Treasury
- Chief Financial Officer
- Head of FP&A
- Divisional management teams
- Airport Finance Directors
- Finance Business Partners
A qualified accountant with at least 3 - 5 years PQE, and experience leading and delivering high quality financial analysis. * Strong modelling capability and advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel (VBA knowledge advantageous).
* Strong commercial acumen understanding of key business drivers, risks, competitive pressures Dynamic personality and excellent relationship builder at all levels across the business
* Excellent interpersonal, management & influencing skills. Can influence at all levels in the business in order to engage the co-operation of people who are not direct reports
* Excellent analytical skills: the post-holder must be insight-focused and able to interpret meaning from disparate sources and formats of data
* The post-holder must be able to plan workloads effectively to ensure that multiple projects and responsibilities are delivered on time and to an appropriate standard
* Experience of FP&A, specifically the forecasting and budgeting process * Knowledge of other MS Office programmes (especially PowerPoint), and a demonstrated ability to communicate opinions and findings in writing or by delivering presentations. * Experience of financial modelling, both business planning and transactional models, with ability to successfully lead improvements to existing financial processes, procedures and outputs
* Experience maintaining and managing long term financial forecasting and valuation models, using the output as a basis for decision making in the business.
* Experience working with financial systems, such as SAP or Oracle