South Africa, South Africa
Up to ZAR0.00 per annum + negotiable
3 months ago
Morson International are looking for a Senior F5 Specialist to join the team of an important Telecommunications company. Rate negotiable.
- The F5 Specialist is responsible for leading the configuration, operation, and administration of the F5 appliances (BIG-IP LTM/ASM/AVR/IFM/AAM/APM) This role is the subject matter expert (SME) for F5 capabilities and related technologies.
- Provide second & third level support and escalation of F5-related incidents and outages
- Troubleshoot and debug services using problem determination tools and logs provided with the F5 appliances
- Configure virtual HA pairs instances and do failover/failback test
- Collaborate with Architects on solutions addressing application delivery, integration, and access control needs
- Develop and maintain system architecture and design documentation
- Document operational policies and procedures based on established client requirements and security controls, industry-standard practices and vendor recommendations
- Manage device application version levels, implementing updates when required
- Collaborate with and mentor junior Engineers to increase global knowledge of F5 technologies across the team
- Provide status updates and time reporting.
- Solid understanding of networking technologies, security, routing, switching, LAN/WAN.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally and ability to communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Ideally have an F5 certification (LTM/GTM/ASM/APM/AFM)
- 5+ years of experience on F5 administration and monitoring, be family with F5 Local Traffic Manager (LTM), Access Policy Manager (APM), and Application Security (ASM) modules
- Strong experience with troubleshooting services on F5 appliances
- Rich experience with HA cluster designing, configuration and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated advanced Extensible Markup Language (XML) concepts
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to future vendor hardware or software changes as new technologies are introduced into the operating system(s) as well as logically diagnosing problems and implementing software fixes or customizations as needed to resolve outstanding issues
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and design new large-scale IT systems and modifications to existing systems that support major agency mission objectives
- Experience creating and maintaining technical documentation.
- Excellent communication skill and team player
- Knowledge and experience of working within an ITIL framework
- Fluent English communication skills
- Provide a 24x7 service supervision through on call
- Available for international travel for training and knowledge transfer of customers
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and I will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Christy from Morson for more information.