Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £0.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
4 days ago
We are looking for an experienced Chartered General Practice Surveyor whose role will be to provide a wide ranging estates service throughout Manchester. This is a long term commitment between clients across a wide range of professional and operational services. As part of the team you will also be working on a wide range of activities ranging from valuation, redevelopment and regeneration projects to general consultancy advice on property matters.
You will be part of the Estates team and will be working directly to the Account Manager responsible for delivering the estate and property service to the Client. The role will include advising the client on valuation and regeneration/re-development matters and all related aspects including but not limited to:-
- Preparing Asset Valuations in accordance with RICS Red Book and CIPFA best practice and to meet the Clients annual statutory requirements.
- Preparing other ad hoc valuations as required for a range of purposes including disposal , acquisition, marriage value , statutory compensation etc.
- Producing development appraisals to demonstrate residual land values and profit
- Preparing viability appraisals against various options to assess the risk and reward from proposed Council development activity.
- Reviewing and challenging the viability of appraisals submitted by developers and land owners
- Assisting with the development management process as part of the multi-disciplinary team including due diligence, negotiation of terms including development agreements and general consultancy advice
- Working proactively with the wider property team and Council to identify opportunities for added value through strategic acquisition, disposal and regeneration work
Experience in commercial valuation, development, negotiation and working in a multi-disciplinary environment, quickly, accurately and under pressure will be essential.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, organised and commercially minded person with knowledge of both the public and private sector. The individual will have excellent market knowledge and use this to support the advice given around viability including, build costs, demand and likely returns from development activity. Part of this requirement is to be confident in giving their advice and to be used to presenting and reporting this to clients at a senior level and be able to justify their recommendations.
As this is a senior position the role holder will be expected to use their experience to support the whole team and specifically the Account Manager, including the ability to deputise at key meetings as required
The candidate must as a minimum be MRICS with at least 4 years post qualification and be a Registered Valuer.