Omagh, County Tyrone
Vital Glasgow Construction
4 months ago
Vital Resources have been employed by a, well established and rapidly growing construction and civil engineering contractor, to assist them in appointing an experienced Electrical Estimator for their T&D Division.
As an Electrical Estimator you would be expected to perform the following:
- Access initial tenders in respect of attractiveness, selectivity, commercial risk and competition, and provide appropriate report to management.
- Reviewing tender documentation issued by the client and drive a thorough understanding of requirements.
- Accurately quantifying materials, plant and labour requirements for allocated projects, ensure that for pre-designed projects, enquiries relative to the supply of materials, plant and labour is satisfactorily dealt with and that relevant information, contractual and trading particulars are distributed.
- Prepare tender adjudication pack ready for sign off with senior management.
- Prepare Contractors proposals forming part of the tender submission, together with tender programmes, organisation charts, method statements etc.
- Provide a fully detailed tender based on a performance specification and engineer's layout drawings for a D&B project.
- Send out enquiries and work closely with manager and supply chain at tender stage to ensure that we have a correct and competitive, prime cost.
- Provide estimating work load planner and maintain a data base of bids submitted.
- Follow up bids submission and bid manage through to contract where required. This will include obtaining feedback on our price.
- Provide monthly estimating report to management.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in a similar role
- Degree educated (or equivalent)
- M&E Background
For this our client is willing to offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive package.
If you would like to know more, or if you would like to apply, please contact Jamie Nicholson or click the "apply now" link.