Vital Glasgow Construction
5 months ago
Vital resources have been employed by a reputable and well established Civil Engineering contractor to assist them in appointing an experience Estimator for their busy commercial division in Scotland.
As an estimator you would be expected to perform the following:
- Work within a highly motivated team, delivering both Design & Build and Traditional bids covering a range of civil discipline
- Work on their own initiative to produce detailed and competitive tender submissions.
- Hold responsibility for the preparation of the tender with assistance from the pre-construction team.
- Review and prepare a report, including tender deliverables
- Undertake a site inspection and prepare a report.
- Compile an appropriate risk register and update accordingly.
- Prepare and send out Tender enquiries to supply chain and review quotations received.
- Prepare Tender sum analysis, priced document/Bill of Quantities
- Cross check/take off quantities from drawings as required.
- Attend, both internal and external tender review meetings with the procurement team.
- Liaise with Design Consultants to obtain design information and review value engineering proposals/construction processes.
- Prepare post tender valuation of submission to the construction team.
- File tender documentation in accordance with the company procedure.
- Attend handover meeting to brief the construction team
- Review production analysis and update.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Academic and Construction Qualification, with detailed civil engineering knowledge.
- Good communication skills to communicate with all members of the preconstruction/procurement team, Clients, Consultants and Directors.
- Membership of a professional institution.
- Proven estimating experience in civil engineering.
- Preferable experience in Highways and Design and Build projects.
- Previous Experience with estimating software would be preferable but not essential.
- Previous Experience with sage software would also be preferable but not essential.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office package
For this our client is willing to offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive package.
If you would like more information, or to apply, please contact Jamie Nicholson or click the "apply now" link.