Up to £0.00 per annum
15 days ago
My client is looking for a Senior Estimator specialising in rail/Civils
The company is a huge rail outfit which has been running for 100+ years.
It is one of the leading engineering and construction companies in the UK, providing
specialist building, civil engineering and rail expertise to a range of markets.
Growth is key during the course of 2019 hence the requirement to hire a Senior
Estimator, focusing on civils works across their rail projects. This company falls into the top 20 contractors in the UK.
The role of the Estimating Department is to produce the most competitive net cost and to establish, maintain and improve procedures
for the control and effectiveness of the estimating function in line with company policy and business objectives.
* Interpret and understand technical, commercial and contractual requirements of tender documentation
* Ensure that they remain aware of events and continually evaluate costs, giving VF a leading edge in the marketplace
* Proactively seek and gain knowledge of competitors
* Produce and submit competitive and accurate tenders
* Ensure consistency and coherency of all aspects of bid
* Actively pursue alternatives and innovations
* Arrange and attend tender debriefings with clients and monitor results
* Effectively communicate and ensure that the operations team fully understand the tender hand-over
* Carry out ad hoc projects as directed by the Head of Estimating, Rail
* To regularly visit operational sites and actively seek feedback
* Develop and maintain relationships with clients, professionals, subcontractors and suppliers
* Train support staff
* Provide technical support to both external clients/subcontracts/design consultants and internal departments
* Fully understand the customer i.e. structure, drivers, requirements etc.
* Analyse data to inform and/or challenge solution development
* Design and develop bespoke cost and pricing models
* Remain fully conversant with current legislation and company policies
* Analyse risks and opportunities for Board approval
* Provide support to operational and mobilisation teams when new contracts go live to ensure correct interpretation of contractual
obligations and payment structures
* Ensure all opportunities for margin enhancement are identified and pursued
* Establish a personal development plan and demonstrate its effectiveness by frequent review with the Head of Estimating - Rail
IF INTERESTED OR NO ANYONE WHO IS PLEASE GET IN TOUCH ASAP
Call 0207 633 4162 to find out more about the role.