N. Yorkshire, Yorkshire and the Humber, England
13 days ago
Senior Estimator, Permanent , Selby
The role of the Senior Estimator is to develop, manage, compile and deliver periodic estimates for projects through the project life-cycle
The Senior estimator role includes the following tasks:
* Development of ACCEI class 5 through to class 1 estimates at appropriate points in project life cycle.
* Hands on preparation of detailed bottom up total cost estimates.
* Creation of Work Breakdown Structure in line with project control requirements.
* Review and verification of Scope Clarifications and Specification enquiries pre-submission.
* Establish Risk apportioned to the estimate and establish Estimate classification
* Verification and Validation of Estimates pre-submission.
* Development and documentation of Basis of estimates
* Configuration control of basis of estimate updates and consequent estimate iterations
* Liaison /coordination with Project Management, Engineering, Procurement and Construction team in assembling estimate base data
* Liaison with and responses to Client Cost/Commercial team
* Collate/Maintain estimating norms and historical data
* Implementation of current estimating processes and developing new processes as required.
* Supporting Estimate and Contract Handover to project team.
* Supporting the implementation of the new systems and working practices required for Commercial Projects
* Undertake estimates of project scope changes as and when these arise and updating overall estimate accordingly
* Liaise closely with the planning and delivery teams
* Liaise with internal and external customers to substantiate estimates as required
Education and Qualification
* HNC/HND in an engineering or Project Management discipline or equivalent
* APM/EcostE accreditation/ qualification or equivalent
Knowledge and Skills
* Minimum 7 years estimating experience with a cost estimating background.
* Experienced in various estimating techniques from detailed bottom up to high level parametric comparisons
* Good understanding of project control, Work Breakdown Structures, monitoring techniques and Earned value management (EVM)
* Sound technical background with strong experience of estimating, pricing and budgeting tools
* Experienced in the production of estimates from minimal information and or Engineering Drawings
* Experience estimating mechanical and piping scope, with the ability to work on multi-disciplined estimates.
EPC Estimating Experience in one or more of the following areas is essential
* Oil & Gas
* Process Plant