Up to £0.00 per annum
13 days ago
Senior Engineering Manager, Contract, Newbury
Due to the nature of the position SC clearance is required.
To deliver and provide multi-discipline technical solutions on tasks and projects. This will be through the direction and management of the Engineering and Technical Specialist resources delivering the work.
Role Responsibilities :-
* Effective management of multi-discipline teams to ensure delivery of the technical scope.
* Effective management of the customer to ensure the timely and efficient delivery of agreed scope.
* Development of the customer requirements so as to manage the scope of work.
* Effective management of the supply chain to ensure delivery of technical solutions in line with agreed scope.
* With support from Capability, manage resource demands with respect to recruitment, development and allocation in order to ensure projects are adequately resourced.
* Development of appropriate skills to match needs of future workload and opportunities.
* Ensure Project and Technical audits and reviews are planned and executed in order to impart learning and experience as appropriate.
* Support business development opportunities in raising the Cavendish Nuclear brand and profile via presentations, academic links, conferences, technical papers. To identify opportunities and new work-streams.
* To provide leadership and assist in driving cultural development and change. To include setting of targets with team members and managing daily aspirations.
* To develop links with the supply chain for both resource augmentation and technologies in order to ensure efficient and effective deployment.
* Ensure that all designers co-operate with respect to matters on health, safety and environmental protection.
* To develop, maintain and manage library of standards, guidelines and procedures and ensure their compliance by a programme of audits and training.
* Ensure that optioneering & value engineering studies are carried out as required.
* Follow the requirements of customer specific processes and procedures.
* Producing, reviewing, verifying and approving calculations, analyses, drawings, models, design basis documentation and technical reports.
* Producing, reviewing, verifying and approving technical Scopes of Work, assessing tender returns, then checking/assessing and/or approving the outputs to ensure that the requirements of the design sub-contract are met.
* Producing, reviewing, verifying and approving technical specifications, assessing tender returns and providing technical support to those packages throughout the design, construction, installation, commissioning, operation and decommissioning phases of the project to ensure that the Design Intent is maintained.
* Ensuring that design consultants and sub-contractors deploy suitably qualified and experienced personnel.
* Ensuring that conventional HS&E protection requirements are embodied in the designs.
* Assessing and approving design changes.
* Establishing, leading and maintaining the engineering configuration, ensuring that the overall Design Intent and integrity is maintained throughout design development and subsequent changes.
* Preparing quality plans for single and multi-discipline work packages.
* Presenting designs for hazard identification and HAZOP studies.
* Supervising senior engineers/technical specialists within same or multi discipline teams.
* Ensuring that adequate Reviewing, Verifying & Approval is undertaken on all their deliverables and for those under their direct control and supervision.
* Representing the discipline to customers, regulatory and external bodies.
* Independent assessment of the technical basis of claims and disputes.
* Reviewing industry best practice for implementation.
Engineering or Science degree.
* Chartered or Incorporated Engineer or Scientist.
* Corporate member of one or more relevant professional institutions.
* Substantial demonstrable experience post degree qualification covering a range of engineering and/or technical topics including design, analysis, specification, safety case support, installation, commissioning, and supervision of staff/contractors. This would ideally be covering a variety of tasks or projects across a range of complexities.
* Nuclear industry or other safety or regulated industry preferred.
This role will be based at Rivergate with regular travel to Aldermaston